- Does your research include working on IODP data and samples?
- Are you collaborating with an end-user (industry, policymakers, etc.) or is your research potentially of interest or importance to end-users?
- Would you like financial support to help facilitate communicating your work to end-users?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then you should apply for a UK IODP Knowledge Exchange Travel Award.
The UK IODP Knowledge Exchange Travel Awards is an initiative aimed at supporting the UK IODP scientific community in their endeavours to engage with end-users. Discretionary funding is available to academics across the network to support both existing and emerging collaborative ventures. Individuals are invited to apply for Travel & Subsistence funding to finance visits to industry, policy bodies, government and interested stakeholders, or to attend meetings or conferences that face any of these end-users. In return, award recipients will be asked to badge their presentations as UK IODP and to provide a brief report (<1 page) on the visit/meeting/conference.
Early career scientists are particularly encouraged to apply.
This is an open call and application review will be ongoing. If you would like to apply, please complete the online form.
Examples of eligible applicants:
- I am a PhD student working on IODP samples, funded by a NERC studentship with an industry CASE partner. I want to go to an industry-facing conference to present my work.
- I am working on IODP data and I think my research could influence policy. I would like to visit a policymaker to discuss my work in person.
- I have an idea for a research project including IODP data/samples and want to approach a potential industry partner about developing a collaboration.
If you have any questions about the Travel Awards or any other KE matters please contact Sally Morgan e: firstname.lastname@example.org t: 0116 252 3922