Data from IODP expeditions can be accessed via the expedition’s implementing organisation site:
- JOIDES Resolution Science Operator (R/V JOIDES Resolution expeditions)
- Center for Deep Earth Exploration (D/V Chikyu expeditions)
- ECORD Science Operator (Mission Specific Platform expeditions)
Downhole logging data from all platforms is available via the IODP Log Database
SCIENTIFIC EARTH DRILLING INFORMATION SYSTEM (SEDIS)
The integrated data and publications portal SEDIS, initiated during IODP1, continues into IODP2 and is now funded by ECORD and supported by MARUM. The portal facilitates searches across source databases and aggregation of datasets from:
- post-moratorium data and metadata from all IODP and legacy program data systems (e.g., JANUS, LIMS, J-CORES, WDC-MARE/PANGAEA, Logging Database, SSDB, etc.);
- publications and publications metadata from IODP/ODP/DSDP and the open literature related to scientific ocean drilling;
- and post-expedition data and metadata from post-cruise data capture projects and voluntarily submitted post-expedition datasets.
ACCESS TO IODP SAMPLES
Core samples are archived at three repositories. Sample requests for all IODP, ODP and DSDP cores should be submitted via the Sample and Data Requests Database (SaDR). By receiving samples, researchers implicitly agree to comply with the IODP Sample, Data, and Obligations Policy. A Curatorial Advisory Board will make final decisisons regarding the distribution of IODP samples.
SITE SURVEY DATA BANK (SSDB)
The SSDB stores digital site survey data submitted in support of IODP drilling proposals and expeditions. Many of the data are freely available including certain data from older proposals and drilling legs from the legacy programme (including: Integrated Ocean Drilling Program (IODP1); Ocean Drilling Program (ODP); and Deep Sea Drilling Project (DSDP)).
UK IODP DATA PORTAL INITIATIVES